Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
before and after screen / printer calibration the expected and unexpected
Finally understand what was going on with my screen and printer: Screen had contrast boost and printer color optimization, once disabled everything worked fine.

Of course having a calibrated screen allows to adequately do your post processing, however I was struggling with the paper, only Epson paper gave satisfactory result, it's not available in Lebanon. With printer Calibration with specific papers any paper is shining, now I have profiles for the papers I use and the results are nothing short of amazing with color consistency across any paper I use.

No going back, I don't know how everyone here is printing without calibration, surely they are not aware what they are missing
Good to hear that you have been able to solve the problems.

How is the "usability" of the screen (or the screensettings) for

normal/other work with the OS ... like working with office programs,

websurfing and the like. (I found that once the display was

calibrated everything else looked a bit mushy or contrastless).

Rainer
Just like everyone else here (I suppose) the layout and office colors don't matter a lot, more important are the color accuracy for photo editing.

The pleasant surprise  I am most happy with,  is that I can use affordable locally available  paper and get premium results, seems Epson has its profiles calibrated to their own paper, since after calibration, color difference is not noticeable while for other paper type the difference in output is very different