Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Meyer-Optik Goerlitz Trimagon 95mm f/2.6 announced
...1700EUR ... makes you wonder somehow ...

http://www.meyer-optik-goerlitz.de/trimagon-f26-95-mm/

If I want that low level of optics performance, I can just as well work on my slide projector lens adapter. Those lenses often are triplets, and some may perform quite a bit better. And they cost next to nothing, nowadays.

I want to see someone who buys this junk. I wanna try to understand what's motivating these people.

The producer's behaviour is nothing short of astounding as well. We've seen grossly overpriced lenses before (like the Nikkor 58/1.4) but at least they had something to offer on the exterior side. This, however, is just plain adding zeros to a sticker for no reason whatsoever.

P.S. I clicked the link and looked at the samples. They look incredibly hazy and low-contrast (?) to me. If someone is after a lo-fi look like this, fine... but it doesn't cost €1700, not by a long shot. Maybe only in a hipsterish otherworld.

"Made in Germany" can sell a lot of things, which otherwise are hard sell.

Ha! At the other side, "Made in Germany" are some things, you wouldn 't get elsewhere in that quality. 

Intelligent Diesel engines i.e. which are made to not concern exhaust testers  B) Imagine camera manufacturers would do the Volkswagening to bring out 50 MP in test situations, while otherwise they would use the native 24MP  Big Grin

Quote:Ha! At the other side, "Made in Germany" are some things, you wouldn 't get elsewhere in that quality. 

Intelligent Diesel engines i.e. which are made to not concern exhaust testers  B) Imagine camera manufacturers would do the Volkswagening to bring out 50 MP in test situations, while otherwise they would use the native 24MP  Big Grin
That is what Olympus does!
I meant that in good way.

Mass production has its flaws here and there.

Ford, Chrysler and GMC had similar incidents in the past not with Diesel, but with Oto engines. Because of them the fines are $37K per car here in the states. They learned the hard way, now it's VW turn I guess.
Oto engines?

That this lens isn't "mass produced" (if it isn't) is not going to amend the fact that it's a primitive design clearly not worth the asking price (nor probably 10% of it). Hand crafted crap is still going to be crap. Big Grin

The advert is a bit confusing. Talking about "outstanding sharpness" and "good for 60 MP" (only? why stop at 60?  ^_^ blurred pictures can't have enough MP. Makes them more important and more arty) and then show 3 samples which are a lot, but not what I'd remotely call "sharp". 3 lenses in 3 groups, but 15 aperture blades. I don't think they got the numbers puzzled, but I really wonder if one could not create that "unique look" by just holding a magnifier loupe in front of an open sensor?